Friday, July 27, 2012

Target Toy Sale July 2012

So, I wasn't going nuts over the Target Toy clearance like I usually do. It's pretty well known now and more people are shopping it, which means stuff is getting bought at 30% and 50% instead of letting it go to 70% off. I had to run to Kohl's today to use my $10 birthday money they sent me and Halle wanted to go to Target. Well the toys were on sale and we actually got some great stuff for it being the second day of the sale. It was nice not having that anxious feeling and just kinda being happily surprised! So here it is.

Side note: I wanted to see pictures of what others had found and went to a couple sites that I frequent. I went here

http://www.survivingthestores.com/target-toy-clearance-2012.html

scrolled down and saw a picture of my haul from last year lol...I'm kinda, sorta, like super famous FYI :)~.

Anyways,




I spent $42 on all this.
I had a Target gift card so out of pocket it was $32.
Andi, pay not attention to the MLP gift set (it's for Lauren's bday unless you already got it for her) lol.
The Floam is totally for me and Alex, as is the FG trivia game.
The dress is a Barbie Mermaid outfit, and you know how we feel about mermaids!
The Lalaloopsy dress up purse and socks match the dress up outfit that, I think, Uncle Henry got Halle for Christmas.
Her favorite, of course, is the $.88 princess cell phone.
I wanted to get Halle the singing Tiana for her birthday but didn't want to pay $20 for her. I got her for $5.98.
Halle loves princesses and board games so I couldn't pass up the Princess friends forever game!


My wonderful hubby also went to Morgantown today and found a Brave jewelry gift set for $3. Go him!


TIPS:

If it has the reddish orange tag on it and it says 30% or 50% scan it anyways. Sometime it doesn't get the 70% tag on it but it's still 70% off. The little cell phone I got for Halle had a 30% off tag but I scanned and it was 70% off.

Check later this week for returns. Some shoppers buy toys at 30% and 50% off and save the receipt. If they then find the same toy for 70% off, they return the 30% and 50% off toys and get their money back. I did this with a Lucky Duck game this time. I bought it at 30% off because it was something I really wanted. I later found it at 70% off so I bought it and then took it back with the 30% off receipt. Only do this on something you really want!

Check the entire toy section and store if you have time. Shoppers decide they don't want something and just lay it willy nilly wherever. I think that is how Alex got the Brave jewelry set!

DONATE. Use this sale to buy toys for donations at Christmas. Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, and Operation Christmas Child come to mind!

My FREE $14.99 earrings from Kohl's for my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment